Assistant Junior/BKL Ski Coach
The Craftsbury Outdoor Center is looking to hire a part-time assistant coach to work with its Junior and Bill Koch League Nordic Skiing programs. The Center’s youth programming serves skiers ages 6 to 18 and encompasses a wide range of abilities and goals. The assistant coach would work closely with head Junior/BKL coach Anna Schulz and director of skiing Pepa Miloucheva.
- Running regular practices with the athletes
- Helping develop plans for practice activities with any given group
- Assist in managing equipment
- Assist with occasional race-day preparations
- Desired availability includes: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons, Saturdays, and occasional Sunday mornings.
Qualifications include the following:
- Previous experience coaching young athletes
- Experience cross country ski racing
- A high level of familiarity with waxing and equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with varied age groups and abilities
- Willingness to obtain necessary certifications (such as First Aid /CPR)
- Willingness to perform other tasks as needed
The ideal candidate would be highly knowledgeable about skiing, would love working with kids, would be highly organized, and would bring energy and enthusiasm to practices. This position is presently anticipated to be about 20 hours per week through the winter season (ending in April). Wages are commensurate with experience; benefits include a meal prior to or following your shift, use of the gym and other facilities, and discounts on Craftsbury programming. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply prior to Friday, December 4th; the Center seeks to fill this position as soon as possible. To apply, email a resume and short cover letter to email@example.com.