|| Craftsbury Outdoor Center Home ||
Thanksgiving Week at Craftsbury
The same team that produced the SuperTour Finals' Ribbon of Snow last March will be blowing snow starting again this November.
Looking for early season snow close to home? While Mother Nature always has the final word, the same team that brought the 12 SuperTour Finals to life will be blowing snow as soon as the weather is seasonably cold in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. We plan on opening November 16, 2012 - the Friday prior to Thanksgiving - with full lodging and meals and available to teams, clubs and others looking for early season training opportunities on snow with great cross-training amenities too.
This year, we're working on a bunch of other exciting events for one and all as well:
- White Saturday Demos, Nov. 24 - Come spend an afternoon trying our selection of Rossignol and Fischer gear on snow, with plenty of time before Christmas and race objectives for purchases.
- Craftsbury Opener 10/15k, Nov. 24 - Our traditional 10/15k freestyle kickoff to racing has been moved earlier (it is the OPENER after all). Burn off some of that Turkey!
- Masters Clinic, Nov. 25 - Nip bad technical habits in the bud with on-snow instruction from our coaches.
You can find our lodging rates here. Rates include three healthy, delicious, ample meals daily from our Vermont Fresh Network Dining Hall, plus your skiing. Group and team discounts are available - drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on that.
In addition to the on-snow opportunities, individuals or teams can enjoy
- Indoor training resources like a weight room with SkiErgs, classrooms with video equipment, and spaces for core work or stretching
- On campus and nearby resources like great hills for bounding, biathlon range, quiet roads for rollerskiing or mountain biking, interesting trails and offroad options for hiking and running
- Amenities like game rooms, sauna, and free wifi throughout our lodging make down time fly by.
Even better news? We're waiving our standard cancellation policy for the period of November 16 to December 13. We're skiers too, and understand you'd rather not be locked in to punitive lodging contracts if the weather goes south. If we can't provide your group with at least a kilometer of skiable snow in time for your stay, we'll give you your money back.
Winter's coming: come celebrate Thanksgiving in Craftsbury!