Thanksgiving Training Week 2016 & Early Season
Looking for early season snow close to home? While Mother Nature always has the final word, the same team behind our famous ribbon of snow and Mt. Craftsbury will be blowing snow as soon as the weather is seasonably cold in Vermont's Northeast Kingdom. We plan on opening November 18, 2016 - the Friday prior to Thanksgiving - with full lodging and meals and available to teams and clubs looking for early season training opportunities on snow with great cross-training amenities too.
Last year we held the following events. Watch for details on their 2016 versions to come:
- Thanksgiving Biathlon: two biathlon races, Friday-Saturday.
- Craftsbury Opener: a 5/10k interval start freestyle TT, with BKL distances.
- ...and more to come! Keep checking back as we work on some exciting opportunities.
You can find our lodging rates here. Rates include three healthy, delicious, ample meals daily from our Vermont Fresh Network Dining Hall, plus your skiing. Group and team discounts are available - drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on that.
In addition to the on-snow opportunities, individuals or teams can enjoy
- Indoor training resources like a weight room with SkiErgs, classrooms with video equipment, and spaces for core work or stretching
- On campus and nearby resources like great hills for bounding, biathlon range, quiet roads for rollerskiing or mountain biking, interesting trails and offroad options for hiking and running
- Amenities like game rooms, sauna, and free wifi throughout our lodging make down time fly by.
Even better news? We're waiving our standard cancellation policy for the period of November 18 to December 16. If we can't provide your group with at least a kilometer of skiable snow for your stay within two days of your arrival, we'll give you your money back.
Winter's coming: come celebrate Thanksgiving in Craftsbury!