This year, we were thankful for a white Thanksgiving! In addition to perfect conditions on the 2k man-made snow loop, mother nature provided just enough ntural snow for us to pack down 17k of our core trails with the snow machine. Adventure-seekers toured all the way out to Sam’s Run, setting their own classic tracks along the way. Throughout the week, we enjoyed fantastic November skiing conditions.
On Thursday, we also enjoyed a fantastic feast! This was my second time celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday at the Outdoor Center and both occasions were delightful. The way I look at it, I don’t have to drive anywhere, I don’t have to cook anything, my friends all come over, and I burn more calories than I consume! This year, I was especially thankful for:
- the kitchen staff!!!
- all the skiers who spent Thanksgiving with us, many of whom I know well, and most of whom I haven’t seen since last winter
- the clear skies
- the spinach casserole (stay tuned for Recipe of the Month!)
- the chocolate pecan squared (omg!)
- that Mike got the fire going in our sauna before dinner
- that my biathlon coach, Algis, came and did intervals with us on Thanksgiving morning
To wrap up a great Thanksgiving weekend, we held a biathlon clinic on Saturday, and the Craftsbury Opener ski race on Sunday. Both events were very well-attended, with dozens of people stopping in at the mini-range for the clinic, and close to 150 racers taking to the trails for the Opener (Results). It was great to see skiers from all over New England and Quebec enjoying their first tracks of the season right here in Craftsbury. Hopefully we’ll continue to hear more and more French spoken on our trails. It was a great way to end the week, and an even better way to kick off the ski racing season!