Outdoor Center News
February 2-4 Weekend Info
Last Updated: 31.Jan.2018
Given current snow conditions at Trapp Family Lodge, we've been activated as backup site for the Febrauay 2-4, 2018 UVM Carnival and NENSA Eastern Cup and will be hosting three days of racing this weekend. What does this mean for you?
Eastern Cup info can all be found on the NENSA VTCM page
Racers previewing courses can ski free on Thursday and Friday.
Live timing via BART timing.
Two wax trailers are still available for rental this weekend. Trailers are located by the garage. Cost is $100 for the weekend plus a $50 key deposit. Coaches wishing to rent a trailer should contact Anna Schulz at email@example.com or 802-586-7767x344. First come; first served.
Day skiers and houseguests:
Racing will be going on at these times - come cheer!
- Friday, February 2: College races
- 10:00am Women's 15km FS mass start
- Noon Men's 20km FS mass start
- Saturday, February 3: College and NENSA races
- 10:00am Women's 5k CL interval start
- Noon Men's 10k CL interval start
- 2:30pm U16 Boy's 5k CL interval start
- Sunday, February 4: NENSA races
- 9:30am U16 Boy's 5k FS mass start
- 10:00am U16 Girl's 5k FS mass start
- 11:00am Women's 10k FS mass start
- 12:30pm Men's 15k FS mass start
(While we cover schedule, VTCM is always authoritative)
Want to find a quieter nordic experience? Check out these maps with alternate routes to get to popular trails during the weekend:
- Friday, February 2: Alternate Routes
- Saturday, February 3: Alternate Routes
- Sunday, February 4: Alternate Routes
Don't forget the Greensboro Trails as a trailhead during race weekends! Whether you take a shuttle, or base out of there, the Greensboro Trails offers a traditional XC experience, groomed to Craftsbury standards, with a welcoming lodge and pub to end your day on the trail system as well. Find maps, and information on the Lodge. We're awaiting word from the grooming staff as to conditions, which will dictate whether we offer shuttles or not - stay tuned.